- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Aberfoyle Apartment is a holiday home that is situated on the top floor of a former Victorian hotel in the village of Aberfoyle, within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
All the accommodation is on the second floor and comprises two double bedrooms and a family bathroom and can sleep a maximum of four people.
The rest of the property is made up of a fitted kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room with an electric fire.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for two cars on a first come, first served basis.
With the whole of the Trossachs to explore, Aberfoyle Apartment is an ideal base for touring this part of Scotland.
All second floor. Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining table. Sitting room with dining table and electric coal-effect fire.
- Electric storage heating and wall-mounted convector heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars on a first come, first served basis, additional free parking in village
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub, post office, bank and zip wire tree top adventure course are all a few minutes' walk away
- Note: Access to accommodation is via an internal staircase
- There is a coombed ceiling in one of the bedrooms and the sitting room
- Note: Due to the coombed ceilings, the accommodation will be compact when fully occupied
- Note: This property can only accept holiday arrival dates on a Saturday.
This property can only accept holiday arrival dates on a Saturday
Please note from 5th July 2019 property only sleeps 3 people.
About the location
Stirling 19 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Aberfoyle lies within The Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, a popular tourist destination. From Aberfoyle there is easy access to Loch Katrine, where you can take a gentle boat cruise, or the Lake of Menteith, reputed to be the best location for fly fishing for rainbow trout in Central Scotland. Aberfoyle itself offers a selection of shops, restaurants and pubs. It has its own 18-hole golf course, and for the more adventurous, the largest ‘Go Ape’ experience in the country, situated at the David Marshall Lodge Visitor Centre. Approximately 20 minutes’ drive away is the Glengoyne Distillery where you can enjoy the Scottish malt whisky experience, or head towards the shores of Loch Lomond, the single biggest expanse of inland water in Britain, offering a variety of activities. Within The Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park there are a huge variety of attractions; enjoy a gentle stroll through the Balloch Castle Country Park or the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, or, for the more adventurous, the mountains offer challenging walks and climbs. For a family day out, stop off at the Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park on your way to the nearby city of Stirling, with its ancient castle and Wallace Monument of great historic interest. Further away, the city of Edinburgh is well worth a visit.