- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming four bedroom stone-built semi-detached farmhouse is set in a superb rural position at the end of a 3/4 mile track, on the southern tip of the Kintyre Peninsula, and dates back more than 100 years.
Surrounded by beautiful farmland, and offering easy access to superb beaches, walking and cycling opportunities from the doorstep, this is an idyllic holiday destination.
The Dunaverty links 18-hole golf course is two miles away (clubs available to hire from the owner), and the attractions and amenities of Campbeltown are just nine miles away.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, TV, 1 x ground floor adult bunks, 1 x double, 1 x twin (doubles can be made up as twins by prior arrangement). Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area & gas log-effect fire. First floor sitting room with gas coal effect fire.
- Oil central heating with gas fires in kitchen/diner & sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs (1 with Sky, 1 with Freeview), 2 x DVD, radio/CD, WiFi
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Golf clubs available to hire at additional charge, by prior arrangement with owner
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned front garden overlooking sea, with furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- Note: Access via a farm track - please drive with care
- Note: Owners also runs a small number of static caravans on site.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
SOUTHEND, KINTYRE PENINSULA
Campbeltown 9 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The pretty village of Southend and the sandy beach of Dunaverty Bay sit at the southern end of the Kintyre Peninsula, on the outermost West coast of Scotland. Southend's 18-hole golf course is located between the village and the bay in a splendid setting with amazing sea views. Southend offers its own shop with tea room, and a Post Office conveniently located in the pub! Two miles south of the village you will find Sanda Island, which can be reached by taking a boat trip from Campbeltown, also known as 'The Wee Toon', which offers shops, two supermarkets, a leisure centre with swimming pool and library, a heritage centre, museum, and the oldest operating cinema in Scotland. Nearby are the 40 mile long Kintyre Peninsula hills, forests, lochs, rivers, sea views, sandy beaches, archaeology and fascinating history.