- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Thistle Dubh is a detached wooden lodge situated in the Barend Holiday Village, two miles from Colvend in Dumfries & Galloway.
This cottage sleeps five people in three bedrooms, consisting of one double with en-suite shower, a zip/link double with basin and WC and a ground floor single, as well as a ground floor wetroom.
The cottage also has a kitchen with breakfast area and a sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
Thistle Dubh is an ideal base for a family or group of friends who wish to explore the area on foot or by bike, or who would like to enjoy the beaches and golf courses that can be found nearby.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with Smart TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with Smart TV, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor single with . Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 2). Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Netflix, Sky TV and Sky Sports, DVD, Superfast WiFi, selection of books and games
- Xbox 360
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, high chair x 2, stair gates x 2
- Ample off road parking
- Balcony with furniture
- Communal lawned area with private decked area and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Seasonal shop 8 mins walk, shop (open all year) 2 miles, pub on-site 2 mins walk
- Note: Open loch on-site, please ensure children and dogs are supervised
- Note: Swimming pool on-site is not available for use by guests
About the location
Dalbeattie 7 miles; Castle Douglas 13 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Colvend offers a shop, a Post Office, a restaurant, a pottery shop and a farm shop. The coastline around the village is known as for its many rugged cliffs and secret bays, plus there are a number of walks, cycle routes and golf courses in the area.