- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
West Gable is a converted wing of a church in the village of Gatehouse of Fleet in the Dumfries and Galloway countryside.
Boasting two double bedrooms (one with ensuite facilities) and one twin room with a pull out bed, the cottage can sleep up to seven people.
The accommodation also includes a family bathroom, a kitchen/diner with a snug and a sitting room.
To the outside of the cottage is off road parking for two cars and a lawned garden with a patio, outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
West Gable is an ideal base for discovering this beautiful part of Scotland.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with additional pull-out stacker bed (suitable for child under 12), 1 x 2nd floor double with en-suite (shower, basin & WC). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor WC/basin. Kitchen/diner (seats 6) with snug (seats 6). Utility room. 2nd floor sitting room. Hallway.
- Gas central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, WiFi, library of books/games
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot an highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden & patio with furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops, pubs & restaurants 2 mins walk
- Note: Garden leads directly to river, children must be supervised
- Note: Arrangements for taking own boat to be discussed with owners
- Note: Property suitable for max. 6 plus 1 guest under 12 (inc. infants)
- Note: Arrival at this property is after 4pm. Not suitable for stag/hen or similar parties
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
GATEHOUSE OF FLEET
Kirkcudbright 8 miles; Newton Stewart 15 miles; Castle Douglas 15 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The small town of Gatehouse of Fleet lies on the Solway Firth in the midst of Dumfries & Galloway with sandy beaches just a five minute drive away. There are several shops in the town including a small supermarket, chemist, bank and post office, along with a kilt making centre and two cafes. All four pubs in the town have restaurant facilities and welcome children.