- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
2 South Milton Cottages is a lovely, detached cottage on the Machars peninsula in Dumfries and Galloway and can sleep six people.
The cottage has a king-size double bedroom, a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a bathroom, a ground floor shower room, a fitted kitchen with dining area, a sitting room with a woodburner and French doors to the rear garden and a front sun room.
Outside there is ample off road parking and a lawned garden to the rear with furniture.
2 South Milton Cottages is a wonderful base for your family holiday in Scotland.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner and French doors to the rear garden. Front sun room (seats 2).
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden to rear with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Coast 10 mins walk
- Note: This property has a spiral staircase and there are sloping ceilings in the bedrooms and bathroom
- Note: There is limited mobile phone coverage at this property.
About the location
Glenluce 2 miles; Port William 9 miles; Newton Stewart 17 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The small hamlet of Stairhaven, near Glenluce, once famous for smuggling, sits on the east side of Luce Bay in the Dumfries and Galloway region of Scotland. This tranquil spot has an abundance of wildlife and is a birdwatcher’s paradise. Stairhaven is within easy reach of the Galloway Forest, which offers walking and cycling, including the well know 7stanes cycle trail. The forest is also home to the Dark Sky Park, where you can see the night sky in all its glory. There are a number of golf courses close by, including the County 18 hole true links course, which is situated on the shores of Luce Bay. Fishing in the area is first class with opportunities to enjoy both loch and sea fishing, plus the River Luce is popular for salmon and trout fishing. Take a day trip to Belfast from the local ferry port, or stroll along the sandy beaches at Sandhead or Monreith, or simply just sit and read in Wigtown – Scotland’s famous book town. This beautiful part of the country has something for everyone.