- Open fire
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Ducket Cottage is a charming terraced cottage located in the village of Garlieston, near Wigtown, in Scotland.
With two bedrooms, including one double with an en-suite shower room, plus one twin with an en-suite bathroom, this cottage can sleep four people.
Downstairs is an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with an open fire and lovely underfloor heating.
Outside is roadside parking, and opposite the cottage is the harbour.
Ducket Cottage is a delightful, traditional cottage, set in a beautiful location close to the coast.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. Utility.
- Electric heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for open fire available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking next to cottage
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and harbour 1 min walk
- Note: This property does not have a garden
- Property is close to the beach
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Wigtown 8 miles; Newton Stewart 14 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The town of Wigtown in Dumfries and Galloway is Scotland's National Book Town with over 20 book shops. The town also offers cafes, pubs and restaurants. Wigtown is set on the Machars Peninsula, which boasts mud flats, beaches and cliffs. The town of Newton Stewart, the Isle of Whithorn and Bladnoch Distillery are close by.