- Swimming pool
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
This cottage is situated at the head of a valley and set within the village of Polgooth.
Combining period charm with modern elements, this beautifully presented property has been equipped to a high standard, and provides a wonderful home from home for families and groups of friends.
Guests can relax with a glass of wine on the sun deck in the evening or enjoy a meal together around the large, antique dining table.
With 1.3 acres of gardens, a gym and four poster beds, this property provides a luxurious base for those looking to explore Cornwall.
Five bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x king-size four poster double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with sunken corner bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility room. Dining room (seats 8) with flame-effect gas fire and antique dining table. First floor living room with flame-effect gas fire. Conservatory with sofa bed.
- Gas central heating with gas fires in living and dining rooms and AGA in kitchen
- Gas fired AGA, with additional electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Ample off road parking
- 1.3 acre lawned garden with patio, first floor sun deck, garden furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: The garden is mostly enclosed with fencing and hedges, but the driveway is not gated
- Note: The owner has advised that the house will be decorated inside and out with Christmas decorations
- Note: shared indoor pool (which is heated all year round) for guests use only
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Mevagissey 5 miles; St. Mawes 18 miles; Truro 14 miles.
Cornwall's visitors are constantly tempted back to the beautiful coastline, tiny fishing villages, hidden coves and the world-class surfing. Whatever the reason, Cornwall has long cemented its place as one of Britain's premier holiday destinations.
The village of Polgooth is now a quiet settlement on the outskirts of St. Austell, but has a history of tin mining. Frequented by visitors to the local countryside, this lovely settlement is located just three miles from the sea. The wider area also offers a wide variety of visitor attractions, including the Eden Project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Tall Ships Harbour at Charlestown â€“ all of which are within a 15 minute drive. The fishing harbour at Mevagissey is also nearby and allows visitors to take a passenger ferry across the bay to Fowey, just five miles away. Also within easy reach are the beautiful Roseland Peninsula villages of St. Mawes and St. Just-in-Roseland. With coastal walks, sandy beaches and beautiful towns, Polgooth is ideally placed for a fantastic family holiday.