- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Sleepy Hollow is a charming semi-detached cottage in the village of Jackfield, one mile from the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
This cottage sleeps four people in two bedrooms, consisting of one double and one twin, as well as a bathroom.
The cottage also has a kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with open fire.
Outside there is off road parking for one car and free additional parking available outside the Jackfield Tile Museum 30 seconds' walk from the cottage, a small front gravelled area and a front garden with small lawns, patio, furniture and barbecue.
Sleepy Hollow is an excellent base from where you can explore market towns, many tourist attractions, or simply don your boots and admire the lovely scenery, which can be found on the many walking routes in the area.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Range cooker with electric double oven and 5 ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock
- Fuel, power and starter pack fire inc. in rent
- Extra wood available on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car and free parking available outside Jackfield Tile Museum 30 seconds' walk from cottage
- Small gravel sitting area by front door
- Front garden with small lawns, patio, furniture, BBQ and lovely views overlooking the River Severn
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops/amenities of Ironbridge 1 mile
- Pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is an open tread staircase at this property; therefore it may not be suitable for the infirm
- Note: Due to there being no handrail on the open side of the staircase, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: This property is situated next to the River Severn and there is a steep drop at the bottom of the garden so please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: The garden at this property is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: The main garden is accessed through a gate in the yew hedge across the property access path, approx 4 feet away
- Note: Access to the property is not suitable for supermarket delivery trucks
About the location
Ironbridge 1 mile; Much Wenlock 6 miles; Bridgnorth 12 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Situated on the banks of the River Severn, the village of Jackfield is situated one mile from the Ironbridge Gorge, home to the world's first iron-built bridge. Jackfield stands on the Wrekin Way footpath, which offers many scenic walks and cycle trails. Ironbridge boasts many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms and a collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums, including Blists Hill Victorian Village. Also close by is Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow.