- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bind Farm Cottages
Two totally different yet equally charming properties situated on a 200 acre working farm on the edge of Billingsley, seven miles from Bridgnorth. Set in a tranquil countryside location, these delightful properties are perfect for walkers, cyclists and birdwatchers, with the Jack Mytton Pathway passing below the farm and the scenic Stiperstones, Long Mynd and Clee Hills all close by. Discover Ludlow and Shrewsbury with their medieval castles and riverside walks, or visit the Severn Valley Railway, Ironbridge Gorge or Bewdley Safari Park.
Set on a 200-acre working farm, this stone-built, detached cottage has been decorated and furnished in a traditional country style throughout.
Boasting original beams and trusses, a lovely patio area with views over the owner's large pond and two good-sized bedrooms, this welcoming home from home provides high quality accommodation for up to four people.
Visitors are within easy reach of all local amenities yet the property retains a sense of peace and quiet â€“ ideal for a relaxing break.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip and link bed - can be a twin if requested at time of booking), 1 x double with door to garden. Bathroom with bath with hand-held shower over, separate shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburner & French windows to patio.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric double oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent October to April inclusive, outside of these months fuel for woodburner available to purchase locally
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed garden with summerhouse, patio, furniture & BBQ
- Free coarse fishing available 5 mins walk from property, fishing also available on nearby river and pools at additional cost
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.2 miles (via ford, longer on the way back) or 4 miles
- Note: Property on working farm
- Children must be supervised & dogs kept on leads at all times. Charging of electric cars can be arranged with the owner if required, please advise of this when arranging the key collection.
About the location
Bridgnorth 7 miles; Ludlow 16 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The small village of Billingsley is surrounded by beautiful Shropshire countryside and is only seven miles from Bridgnorth. The area offers excellent walking and cycling routes, as well as boasting easy access to country parks, great houses, museums and picturesque Shropshire villages. Visitors can enjoy a trip to the town of Bridgnorth - winner of the 'Britain in Bloom' award - which is comprised of the High Town and the Low Town connected by winding streets and stairs. The bustling Saturday street market is an excellent way to explore the town or alternatively, it is possible to visit the impressive castle ruins and take a ride on the steep funicular railway. With easy access to The Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford, Ironbridge Gorge and the popular destinations of Shrewsbury and Ludlow, this is a wonderful spot for a family holiday.