- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This traditional, stone built cottage is conveniently located on the edge of Ballinrobe market town in County Mayo.
At over 150 years old, this property is full of character and combines traditional features such as the exposed stone walls and slate flooring with all necessary modern amenities for a comfortable, well-equipped holiday cottage.
With three double bedrooms â€“ one with cot â€“ and a twin bedroom, this property is ideal for a group of friends or a large family.
Other accommodation is composed of a fitted kitchen with dining area and a lounge with open fire.
With off-road parking for four cars, a lawned garden, and permission to bring two well-behaved dogs, this is a wonderful place for a real family vacation.
All ground floor.
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 2 x double with en-suite (shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin with en-suite (shower, basin and WC). Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Sitting room (seats 6) with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD player, video player, CD/radio, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc.in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Boats available to hire by prior arrangement with owner
- Horse riding available by prior arrangement with owner
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned garden to rear with garden furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop 1 min walk, pub 10 mins walk.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
BALLINROBE, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 20 miles; Galway 30 miles.
The West of Ireland conjures up many images; thatched, whitewashed cottages, a flock of sheep on a narrow road, an emerald green field with a stone wall, or the Atlantic waves crashing into towering cliffs and rocky shores.
The thriving market town of Ballinrobe is located on the River Robe in County Mayo, close to both Lough Mask and Lough Corrib. Apparently the oldest town in South Mayo, this settlement dates as far back as the 1300s. This town retains a vibrant atmosphere with a diverse range of shops, pubs and restaurants. Due to its convenient placement on the border between regions, this wonderful little settlement makes a good base for those wishing to explore both County Galway and County Mayo. With excellent fishing lakes and good golf facilities close by too, Ballinrobe has plenty for those who enjoy the great outdoors. Both the Mayo and Galway coastlines are worth visiting and can be easily reached in a couple of hours, as can the world famous Connemara National Park.