- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Spiddal Thatch Cottage is a charming, detached cottage set two miles from Spiddal, County Galway, boasting distant sea views and a wealth of traditional character with its quaint thatched roof, exposed beams, multi-fuel stove and thick stone walls.
The cottage sleeps three people in two bedrooms, one mezzanine double and one ground floor twin.
The cottage also includes a ground floor shower room, accessed through the single bedroom, and an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Outside is off road parking for two cars and a small, lawned garden to the front with furniture.
Spiddal Thatch Cottage boasts distant sea views, and is a charming getaway for couples searching for traditional Irish living.
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC (accessed through single bedroom). Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove. Utility.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pubs and beach 2 miles
- Note: Pets must be on a lead at all times when outside the property
- Note: Stairs may not be suitable for the infirm or young children.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
SPIDDAL, COUNTY GALWAY
Furbogh 4 miles; Galway City 12 miles; Oranmore 16 miles.
Towering cliffs stand next to vast stretches of golden sand, whilst vast mountain ranges cradle cool, low-lying lakes. The Galway region epitomises the term â€˜great outdoors'; with fantastic walking and cycling and exhilarating water sports.
The small seaside village of Spiddal, on the Irish Coast, overlooks Galway Bay and the Aran Islands. With numerous restaurants and pubs, two beaches and a lovely coastal golf course it has something to suit all tastes. Only 12 miles to the east lies Galway City, where you can discover some of Ireland's long and varied history; visit Lynch's Castle, or trace the origin of the famous Claddagh Ring, which originated in a village near the shore of Galway Bay. A lovely coastal village, not to be missed.