- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Sound Cottage is a detached, ground floor cottage set in a quiet, coastal position on Achill Island.
With three bedrooms, one double, one twin plus one adult bunk bedroom, this cottage can sleep six people.
The cottage also includes a bathroom and shower room, a kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room with a multi-fuel stove.
Outside is ample off road parking plus a front lawned garden with furniture.
With walks available from the cottage down to the sea, and plenty of activities nearby including golf, watersports and stunning cycle paths, Sound Cottage is a perfect retreat for a couple or a small family looking for a peaceful base on Achill Island.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en suite, 1x twin 1 x adult bunks. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
- Electric storage heaters with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Coast 2 mins walk
- Note: This property is surrounded by farmland, so pets must be kept under strict control
- Note: Though all ground floor, there is a step between the kitchen and hall, which leads to the bathroom.
About the location
ACHILL ISLAND, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 33 miles.
The West of Ireland conjures up many images; thatched, whitewashed cottages, a flock of sheep on a narrow road, an emerald green field with a stone wall, or the Atlantic waves crashing into towering cliffs and rocky shores.
At 57 square miles, Achill is the largest island of Ireland, and lies off the west coast, in County Mayo. The island is linked to the mainland by the Michael Davitt Bridge, making it easily accessible. Boasting five Blue Flag beaches, Achill has some of the most beautiful, secluded, remote beaches in Ireland, but water sports are always easy to find.