- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Little Shortwood is a delightful, detached single storey hamstone conversion in the rural Somerset village of Batcombe just a few miles from Shepton Mallet.
All on one level (with just a few internal steps), this cottage can sleep four people in one double and one twin bedroom.
The cottage also contains a family bathroom, a fitted galley kitchen and a sitting room with a dining area and a woodburning stove.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for one car, a large decked balcony with garden furniture and shared use of the owner's garden.
With the local pub in the village, and with the whole of this beautifularea to discover, Little Shortwood is a fabulous holiday cottage whatever the time of year.
All ground floor with a few internal steps.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted galley kitchen off sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, books/games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for one car
- Large decked balcony with furniture
- Shared use of owner's lower garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 7 mins walk
- Note: The decked balcony is high up above the garden, and a stream runs through the owner's garden, therefore young children should be supervised
- Note: This cottage sleeps a max. of 4 people including infants.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Bruton 3.5 miles; Shepton Mallet 5 miles; Glastonbury 15 miles.
Somerset offers 3 areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the Quantock, Mendip and Blackdown Hills. Lose yourself in the glory of nature, take a ride on a steam train, visit a traditional farmers' market or explore your mystical side at Glastonbury.
The village of Batcombe nestles in the valley of the River Alham in East Somerset, on the edge of the Mendip Hills and only 3.5 miles from the town of Bruton. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is bursting with rural walks, picturesque villages and country pubs. Within a short drive are the superb house and gardens at Stourhead, as well as magnificent Longleat House and Safari Park. Enjoy a trip to mystical Glastonbury, The Royal Bath & West Showground, or Clarks Village shopping centre at Street, all within an easy drive. A little further afield, Wells and Salisbury Cathedrals, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge and even the Dorset and Somerset coasts are all easily accessible, making this an enjoyable holiday destination at any time of the year.