- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated in the rural hamlet of Shave Cross, in the heart of The Marshwood Vale, this picturesque cottage is a lovely 19th Century semi-detached property just six miles from Bridport.
This former farm worker's cottage offers comfortable, well-equipped accommodation in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and maintains much of its period charm.
There is a small shop next door selling preserves and farm cider whilst for other essentials the bustling market town of Bridport is just a short drive away and offers all the amenities that guests to this property might need.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath with electric shower over, basin and WC. Modern fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Storage heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV/DVD with Freeview, stereo/CD player/radio etc., WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Roadside parking for 2 cars only
- Enclosed lawned garden with gravelled area and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Farm-reared turkeys available for Christmas week each year
- Please request in advance.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Bridport 6 miles; Beaminster 7 miles; Lyme Regis 9 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Nestled in the picturesque Marshwood Vale in the glorious unspoilt countryside of west Dorset is the tiny hamlet of Shave Cross. A mere five miles from the beautiful Dorset Heritage Coast, this lovely settlement is also close to the thriving market town of Bridport known for its association with the television program 'The River Cottage' and its highly coveted amateur writing award. With its Georgian buildings and picturesque 17th Century cottages, the seaside resort of Lyme Regis is only a short drive away and is well worth visiting for its wide range of shops, restaurants, museums and gardens. With so much to see and do surrounding the peaceful hamlet of Shave Cross, this location makes an ideal holiday destination for anyone looking to explore what the pretty Dorset region has to offer.