- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
Brook Cottage was originally built as a barn, but has been tastefully converted to offer accommodation for four people; ideal for small families or a small party of friends.
The cottage has been built over a brook and has retained much of its original character through the exposed beams that can be found throughout.
All the accommodation is laid out over one level an there is a large, enclosed patio area beside the stream; perfect for enjoying a spot of al fresco dining in the long, summer evenings.
There is off-road parking for 1 car and the local amenities are a mere 10-minute walk from the front door.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with high-beamed ceiling and view over stream, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan beamed living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with basic Sky package, DVD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed paved patio area beside stream, with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk
- Bar in local hotel 10 mins walk
- Note: Although the stream is fully fenced off, young children should be supervised
- Note: The owner runs a small touring caravan site at Milton Farm, this is located some distance from the property, and is not visible.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
MILTON ON STOUR
Gillingham 2 miles; Shaftesbury 7 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Close to the border of Wiltshire and Somerset, Milton on Stour is only a short drive from the town of Gillingham. It is close to a number of major attractions, including Longleat House, the historical mansion and safari park that is owned by the eccentric Marquis of Bath. Nearby Gillingham hosts its own festival each year, comprising a range of musical styles, arts, crafts and sports activities. The National Trust owns many properties in the area and they are all worth a visit; Stourhead is a world-famous 18th Century landscape garden and Palladian mansion with enchanting temples, monuments and rare plants set around a tranquil lake. Alternatively, you might like to see a show at the Up In Smoke Theatre or spend a day at the Haynes Motor Museum.