- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Brook Cottage was originally built as a barn, but has been tastefully converted to offer accommodation for four people; ideal for small families or a small party of friends.
The cottage has been built over a brook and has retained much of its original character through the exposed beams that can be found throughout.
All the accommodation is laid out over one level an there is a large, enclosed patio area beside the stream; perfect for enjoying a spot of al fresco dining in the long, summer evenings.
There is off-road parking for 1 car and the local amenities are a mere 10-minute walk from the front door.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with high-beamed ceiling and view over stream, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan beamed living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with basic Sky package, WiFi and DVD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed paved patio area beside stream, with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk
- Bar in local hotel 10 mins walk
- Note: Although the stream is fully fenced off, young children should be supervised
- Note: The owner runs a small touring caravan site at Milton Farm, this is located some distance from the property, and is not visible.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
MILTON ON STOUR
Gillingham 2 miles; Shaftesbury 7 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Milton on Stour is a pretty little village north of Gillingham in rural north Dorset, and close to the borders of Somerset and Wiltshire. There are numerous NT properties and historic houses within a short drive, such as the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead, and Longleat House and Safari Park. Alternatively, why not try one of the plentiful rural walks in the area, or explore picturesque villages with country pubs serving real ale or cream teas? Further afield, visitors can enjoy the historic cities of Bath or Salisbury, whilst a visit to the wonderful Dorset Jurassic Coast is not to be missed.