- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
This charming, single-storey, detached lodge is a timber structure set in the grounds of the owner's cottage in the little hamlet of Linwood.
Set in the heart of the New Forest National Park and surrounded by ancient woodland, this cosy little Hampshire cottage has a warming woodburning stove - perfect for cooler evenings - as well as a comfortable bedroom with en-suite shower room.
The cottage is well situated for walking as well as access to all the local amenities available throughout the area.
All ground floor.
One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with simple compact kitchen area, dining area & sitting area with sofa bed & woodburner.
- Electric heaters in bedroom & bathroom with woodburner in sitting area
- Two-ring electric hob, combi microwave/oven, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power & logs for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Rear garden with patio & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Visitors welcome to bring their own horses - paddock, stabling & menage available, by prior arrangement with owner
- Shop 4 miles, seasonal camp site shop 1 mile, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Owner has dogs
- Note: Cottage is accessed via unmade gravelled forest track & is unsuitable for low suspension vehicles or those unsteady on their feet
- Note: There is no mobile phone signal at the property
- Note: Max 2 adults and 1 child.
Note: Max 2 adults and 1 child.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Ringwood 5 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Composed of a scattering of farms and cottages, the little hamlet of Linwood is found towards the western end of the New Forest National Park, not far from Ringwood - a community well served by two pubs renowned for their good food and real ales. The New Forest, the country's smallest National Park, is comprised of 150 square miles of magnificent woodland and heather covered heathland dotted with picturesque villages. The area is famous for its unusual wildlife such as herds of wild ponies, cattle and deer, and a great many species of birds. The forest is full of wonderful paths, which are great for walking, cycling and horse riding with bike hire and pony trekking available from nearby Burley. The famous National Motor Museum at Beaulieu is within easy reach, as are the stunning gardens at Exbury.