- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
This semi-detached Dorset cottage is a self-contained wing of the owner's farmhouse, peacefully situated on a working dairy farm close to the charming village of Mosterton.
Positioned on the borders of West Dorset and South Somerset, the cottage offers well-equipped, comfortable accommodation, with views across the Axe Valley, a cosy open fire and sunny conservatory.
This is a wonderful place to relax after a day exploring this designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Visitors can enjoy a fresh egg for breakfast from one of the free-range chickens, or watch the calves being fed across this 180-acre farm.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, power shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC in utility room. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with open fire. Conservatory with dining area.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric double oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine (in utility room), dishwasher, flat-screen TV with Freeview, DVD, Xbox (a few games provided)
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Ample off road parking
- Shared lawned garden, small private sitting area with furniture & BBQ
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: Farm machinery & animals; young children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead at all times
- Note: The farm has its own tested water supply.
Note: Up until 1st January 2017, this property accepts one well-behaved dog at £10 per week. From 1st January 2017, this property accepts three well-behaved dogs at no extra charge.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Beaminster 4.5 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
The thriving community of Mosterton boasts a number of good local facilities and is set in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the West Dorset countryside. Close to the Somerset border, just three miles from Crewkerne and less than five miles from Beaminster, this lovely village is perfectly situated for those looking to explore this superb rural area. The region was a favourite destination of Thomas Hardy â€“ author of 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' - and in recent years has been featured in the 'River Cottage' television series. The Monarch Way provides an excellent walking route, whilst Forde Abbey and Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park are both easily accessible. Visitors can also enjoy a trip to the market town of Bridport or explore the historic Jurassic Coast.