- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Converted from a former barn this quaint, period cottage is situated on the owner's working farm in the peaceful hamlet of Penselwood.
Just two miles from Bourton and five miles from Gillingham, amid the glorious countryside on the borders of Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire, this pretty cottage makes an excellent base from which to explore the area.
Guests also have access to shared use of the owner's lawned garden - ideal for picnics, ball games and barbecues.
The property is well served by the local town of Bourton whilst slightly further afield are a wide range of activities.
Two bedrooms: 1 x first floor double, 1 x ground floor twin with additional fold-out bed. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Small kitchen. Sitting room with gas woodburner and dining area.
- Electric wall panel heaters with gas woodburner in sitting room and heated towel rail in bathroom
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, shared use of owner's washing machine by arrangement, TV, DVD, radio, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared use of owner's lawned garden with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Young children should be supervised at all times due to proximity of farm equipment/animals
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead whilst on premises of property.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Wincanton 4 miles; Gillingham 5 miles; Shaftesbury 9 miles.
Somerset offers 3 areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the Quantock, Mendip and Blackdown Hills. Lose yourself in the glory of nature, take a ride on a steam train, visit a traditional farmers' market or explore your mystical side at Glastonbury.
With just a sprinkling of pretty cottages, a village church and a children's play area, Penselwood is a charming hamlet, surrounded by lush farmland and unspoiled countryside. Set on the border between Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire, this charming little settlement is reached by winding country lanes from the nearby village of Bourton. Far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the wonderful hamlet of Penselwood is the perfect place to relax in peaceful countryside. Between great walking, the magnificent house and gardens at Stourhead, historic Shaftesbury and Longleat House with its Safari Park, visitors will be spoiled for choice when it comes to activities.