- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Candy Cottage is a self contained wing of the owners' house, a former Sherborne Castle estate worker's cottage, in the village of Thornford, just three miles from Sherborne in north west Dorset.
The cottage sleeps two people and contains a double bedroom, a bathroom and an open plan living area with a fitted kitchen, a dining area and a sitting area with a woodburning stove.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for one car.
Set in beautiful surroundings, Candy Cottage is an ideal place for a romantic break in the Devon countryside.
One double bedroom. Luxurious bathroom with freestanding roll-top bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Night storage heaters in sitting room and bedroom, underfloor heating in bathroom with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, Wi-Fi, DVD, selection of books and games
- Power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking available for 2 cars
- Off-road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Steep twisting cottage stairs, may be unsuitable for the infirm
- Note: property does not contain a garden.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Sherborne 3 miles.
Devon, with its quiet country lanes, patchwork of lush green fields and sleepy villages is not to be missed. Stately home lovers will be spoiled and why not finish with a scrumptious Devonshire cream tea?
Thornford is only 3 miles from the town of Sherborne in Dorset and contains a pub, local shop and a post office, as well as a 'halt', on the railway line linking Weymouth with Bristol. The village is surrounded by an Area ofOutstanding Natural Beauty and just a short drive takes you into Sherborne, well known for its castle and abbey, and where you can browse the array of shops and restaurants.