- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Old School Cottage is a wonderful, attached barn conversion, within the grounds of the owner's home and set in the rural Dorset hamlet of Tincleton and can sleep four people.
The cottage has two eaves bedrooms, a double with an en-suite basin and WC and a twin bedroom, a ground floor bathroom, a fitted kitchen, a sitting room with dining area, a woodburner and stairs to the bedrooms.
Outside there is off road parking for one car, lockable bike storage and a shared lawned garden and patio with furniture.
The Old School Cottage is a lovely base for your holiday in Dorset.
Two eaves bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburner and stairs to bedrooms.
Monkey World: 9mins
The Tank Museum: 11mins
Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum: 8mins
Milton Abbas (see Capability Brown): 17mins
The famous hillside giant at Cerne Abbas: 23mins
nearest (dog-friendly) pub on coast: 18mins
Durdle Door and Lulworth Castle: 22mins
Corfe Castle (National Trust): 21mins
Hardy’s Cottage (National Trust): 10mins
Clouds’s Hill (National Trust): 5mins
Tyneham - evacuated in 1943, a Dorset village ‘Frozen in Time’: 23mins -Grave of T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia): 6mins
Sculpture by the Lakes: 5mins
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WIFI, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared enclosed, lawned garden and patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, Cats and other pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and local butcher 2.5 miles
- Note: Owner can stock freezer with meals from the Cook shop in Dorchester prior to guests' arrival, by prior arrangement and at extra cost
- Note: There is an art gallery and framing studio on-site, please contact the owner for further details.
Note: restricted head height in the twin bedroom due to sloping ceiling
Note: the double eaves bedroom is open to the staircase, so children need to be supervised at all times.
Note: O2 is good but some mobile signals may be intermittent (can be checked online)
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Dorchester 5 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Tincleton is a tiny hamlet in Dorset, nestled in a beautiful rural setting within the valley of the River Frome. The hamlet is just five miles east of the county town of Dorchester which has many shops and attractions to discover. The area has many wonderful and picturesque walks to offer visitors and the countryside is rich in wildlife, with the River Frome being designated an Area of Special Scientific Interest. Also very popular with those who visit Dorset is the stunning Dorset Jurassic Coast, with the coastal path offering spectacular views and beautiful sandy beaches nearby.