- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated on the edge of the famous village of Tolpuddle, this charming semi-detached cottage is full of character.
With three en suites and a cosy open-fire with log burning stove for chillier evenings, or winter breaks, this home-from-home is able to sleep a total of six people over three double bedrooms.
With patio doors opening onto the garden, visitors can enjoy al fresco dining, or just a cool glass of something refreshing on hot summer evenings, surrounded by the glorious local countryside.
This is a great base for exploring all Dorset has to offer.
Three Double bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite (bath, basin and WC), 2 x double with eaves and en-suite (shower, basin and WC). Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and patio doors to garden. Sitting room with open fire with log burner and patio door to garden.
- Oil central heating with log burner in sitting room
- LPG hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD player/radio and WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden to rear with two patios and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome (to be supervised at all times)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There are horses stabled opposite the cottage
- Max 6 people inc. infants.
About the location
Dorchester 8 miles.
Explore the fossils and stunning beaches of Dorset's Jurassic Coast, visit historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury, or enjoy the footpaths, country lanes and thatched-roof pubs Dorset offers.
Just eight miles from the bustling market town of Dorchester lies the quaint little village of Tolpuddle. Surrounded by glorious countryside, this charming settlement combines a tasteful mix of modern and thatched properties and is situated by the quaintly named 'River Piddle'. Nearby, the chalk downlands provide lovely walks through the gently rolling hills and quiet country lanes. Underlying its current tranquillity though, the village has a proud history and a local museum tells the story of Tolpuddle's six famous martyrs who held the first Trade Union meeting in 1831. The area boasts a number of other attractions, such as Athelhampton House, home to Lawrence of Arabia and the lovely nearby towns of Dorchester, Poole and Bournemouth. With such a wide variety of activities within easy driving distance, this lovely little location makes an excellent spot for an unusual and varied holiday.