- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Laxdale Cottage is a cosy single storey cottage in the village of Banavie, with views towards Ben Nevis.
There is a double room and a twin room which can also be offered as a super king-size double.
There is a family bathroom, a kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with woodburning stove.
Outside is off road parking for three cars, and a natural garden leads down to a gate to the canal.
Laxdale Cottage makes a good base for enjoying this part of the highlands, including Fort William and Glencoe.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and TV. Utility/boot room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in bathroom and woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (1 with FreeSat, 1 with Sky), 2 x DVDs, CD, WiFi, printer, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable shed for bikes, skis and other outdoor equipment
- Natural rear garden with furniture and BBQ leading to gate to canal
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile
- Pub and canal 2 mins walk
- Note: Check in time from 4pm
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Fort William 4.5 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
Corpach is the point where the mighty Caledonian Canal reaches the sea, home to the series of locks known as Neptune's Staircase, the longest of its type in the UK. Here also is the Snowgoose Mountain Centre where you can indulge in canoeing, kayaking, sailing and mountain walking as well as winter climbing. For a less energetic experience, visit Treasures of the Earth, Europe's finest private collection of crystals, gemstones and fossils. Nearby is the key Highland town of Fort William, a haven for shoppers, seafood enthusiasts and also the outdoor enthusiast, nestling as it does at the foot of the UK's highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Enjoy unrivalled views of Ben Nevis from its neighbouring mountain Aonach Beag, or take the mountain gondola up Aonach Mor for wonderful views and a spot of lunch. Nevis Range ski resort caters for all winter sports and also provides world class mountain biking facilities in the summer. In early May each year the famous 6 day Trials Bike event is based in Fort William. A superb base for this beautiful part of Scotland.