- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bryncalled Barn Cottages
Bucknell 2 miles. Four exceptional, semi-detached, stone-built, 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, set in an attractive courtyard in a picturesque rural location, just 2 miles from the village of Bucknell. All four properties have been renovated to a very high standard, retaining a wealth of original features including oak beams and trusses, wall timbers and some exposed stone walls, all creating quality accommodation with a cosy and inviting atmosphere. Within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and with easy reach to the medieval town of Ludlow, National Trust properties and castles, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Hereford and much more. This is a wonderful location for walking - Offa’s Dyke is less than 5 miles away, cycling, birdwatching and touring the wonderful countryside of Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Swallow Cottage is a magnificent barn conversion on the outskirts of Bucknell village.
This superb semi-detached stone built property is one of four 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, set in an attractive courtyard in a picturesque rural location, just two miles from the village.
Swallow Cottage features an array of original features including oak beams and trusses, wall timbers and some exposed stone walls.
Swallow Cottage provides high-quality accommodation, including en-suite facilities, and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
It's a stunning holiday retreat within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is the perfect base for walking, cycling, bird watching and exploring the fantastic countryside of Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Large open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with electric log-effect fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, WiFi, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD player, shared use of payphone, small library of games/DVDs/CDs
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & cot bale (sheets, duvet, blanket & white towels) on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage available
- Enclosed patio with garden furniture & BBQ
- Shared use of children's play area, including swings, sandpit, wildlife pond and seating area, set within an acre of communal garden behind the owners' property (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub/restaurant 2 miles
- Note: WiFi can be accessed by all guests staying at the information area set out near by.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Knighton 5 miles; Clun 6 miles; Ludlow 13 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Nestling in the beautiful River Teme Valley in South Shropshire, Bucknell offers two pubs, which both serve food and within easy reach are the market towns of Craven Arms and Knighton with their excellent amenities for visitors. This is a charming area of unspoiled, tranquil countryside, close to the borders of Wales and Herefordshire, which offers many interesting pursuits and attractions. The notable market town of Ludlow with its fine restaurants, the famous museums of Ironbridge and the thriving county town of Shrewsbury are all a short drive away.