- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A perfect family holiday retreat, this detached Grade II listed barn conversion has all the ingredients for a relaxing and memorable stay.
The character and quality of the property are undeniable, from exposed oak beams to trusses and wall-timbers, juxtaposed perfectly with modern furnishings and conveniences.
Enjoy some friendly family rivalry in the games room, picnic in the shared 0.25 acre paddock, wine and dine in the impressive kitchen/diner or relax by the woodburner in the snug.
Set on the owner's 28 acre smallholding 3.5 miles from Abbey Dore village, the property enjoys views over the stunning Herefordshire countryside.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 3 x king-size double, 2 x twin (one on ground floor). Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Two bathrooms with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC (one on second floor). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room. Snug (seats 6) with woodburner. Games room with table tennis.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor & bathrooms, woodburner
- Rangemaster dual fuel cooker with double electric oven & 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs & FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Two cots & two highchairs
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed, gravelled garden area with patio, furniture & BBQ, shared use of 0.25 acre picnic paddock for games, with picnic table & views of Golden Valley
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 5 miles, Cider Mill 400 yards
- Note: This property is over multiple levels, reached by short staircases, may be unsuitable for the less mobile
- Note: WiFi can be slow.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Hereford 12 miles; Abergavenny 15 miles; Hay-on-Wye 15 miles.
Herefordshire offers visitors the chance to journey through lush green countryside, enjoying splendid black-and-white timbered villages, a magnificent cathedral city, a fairytale Georgian castle at Eastnor or books galore in famous Hay-on-Wye.
The village of Abbey Dore, set on the River Dore, lies at the southern end of the Golden Valley, and is ideally placed for enjoying both the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons National Park. In the village are the Abbey Dore Court Gardens, which is open to the public between April and September. World renowned for its myriad of bookshops and annual literary festival, the town of Hay-on-Wye is just 15 miles away, while Hereford, dating back to the 7th Century and with an interesting cathedral, is within easy reach. Offa's Dyke and the Wye Valley provide plenty of trails for walkers of all abilities.