- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bryncalled Barn Cottages
Bucknell 2 miles. Four exceptional, semi-detached, stone-built, 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, set in an attractive courtyard in a picturesque rural location, just 2 miles from the village of Bucknell. All four properties have been renovated to a very high standard, retaining a wealth of original features including oak beams and trusses, wall timbers and some exposed stone walls, all creating quality accommodation with a cosy and inviting atmosphere. Within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and with easy reach to the medieval town of Ludlow, National Trust properties and castles, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Hereford and much more. This is a wonderful location for walking - Offa’s Dyke is less than 5 miles away, cycling, birdwatching and touring the wonderful countryside of Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Groom Cottage is situated in a charming rural location, around an attractive courtyard, just two miles from the quaint village of Bucknell.
There is a double with en-suite, a twin bedroom and a bathroom on the first floor, while downstairs is a kitchen with breakfast area and a sitting room with dining area.
And with so much to see and do in the local area, it'll be a tough choice whether to stay in and enjoy the Groom Cottage, or go out and explore the countryside.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with sitting area. Sitting room with electric log-effect fire and dining area.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, WiFi, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, shared use of payphone, selection of games, DVDs and CDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage available
- Front courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of children's play area, including swings, sandpit, wildlife pond and seating area, set within an acre of communal garden behind the owners' property (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub/restaurant 2 miles
- Note: WiFi can be accessed by all guests staying at the information area set out near by.
About the location
Knighton 5 miles; Clun 6 miles; Ludlow 13 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Nestling in the beautiful River Teme Valley in South Shropshire, Bucknell offers two pubs, which both serve food and within easy reach are the market towns of Craven Arms and Knighton with their excellent amenities for visitors. This is a charming area of unspoiled, tranquil countryside, close to the borders of Wales and Herefordshire, which offers many interesting pursuits and attractions. The notable market town of Ludlow with its fine restaurants, the famous museums of Ironbridge and the thriving county town of Shrewsbury are all a short drive away.