- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bryncalled Barn Cottages
Bucknell 2 miles. Four exceptional, semi-detached, stone-built, 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, set in an attractive courtyard in a picturesque rural location, just 2 miles from the village of Bucknell. All four properties have been renovated to a very high standard, retaining a wealth of original features including oak beams and trusses, wall timbers and some exposed stone walls, all creating quality accommodation with a cosy and inviting atmosphere. Within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and with easy reach to the medieval town of Ludlow, National Trust properties and castles, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Hereford and much more. This is a wonderful location for walking - Offa’s Dyke is less than 5 miles away, cycling, birdwatching and touring the wonderful countryside of Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Situated in a charming rural location, around an attractive courtyard with four cottages, this property is just two miles from the quaint village of Bucknell.
The cosy, king-sized bedroom comes with original wooden beams and exposed brick-work, as does much of the rest of the property.
With a welcoming, open-plan living area that incorporates a fitted kitchen and dining table, as well as a pretty front patio for relaxing on or dining outdoors, this property is a great spot for a second honeymoon or romantic break.
And with so much to see and do in the local area, it'll be a tough choice whether to stay in and enjoy the house, or go out and explore the countryside.
One king-size double bedroom with original beams and wall timbers. Bathroom with corner bath, separate shower cubicle, basin and WC. Spacious open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area, and sitting area with log-effect electric fire, all with original oak beams.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge with ice box, table-top freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, WiFi, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD player, CD/radio, shared use of payphone, small library of games/CDs/DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage available
- Delightful front patio with garden furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of children's play area, including swings, sandpit, wildlife pond and seating area, set within an acre of communal garden behind the owners' property (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub/restaurant 2 miles
- Note: WiFi can be accessed by all guests staying at the information area set out near by.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Knighton 5 miles; Clun 6 miles; Ludlow 13 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Nestled in the beautiful South Shropshire valley of the River Teme is the pretty village of Bucknell, complete with two village pubs â€“ both of which serve food. Close to the borders of Wales and Herefordshire, quiet, peaceful village is set in a lovely area of beautiful, unspoiled countryside â€“ ideal for ramblers and hill walkers. The historic market town of Ludlow is close by and is well renowned for the superb quality of its restaurants. Ironbridge provides a wealth of museums whilst the historic town of Shrewsbury is also within easy driving distance. Local towns of Craven Arms and Knighton offer a full range of amenities. Stopping in the village is the Heart of Wales Railway, taking visitors through beautiful, hillside scenery and to the south are the quaint, wood-beamed cottages and cider orchards of North Herefordshire.