- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
The Croft is a detached Herefordshire country house with additional annexe set in 6 acres of grounds near to the village of Peterchurch in Herefordshire.
With three double bedrooms (two with en-suite facilities), two twin rooms (one with en-suite) and two family rooms (one with en-suite) as well as a family bathroom in the main house and a further 3 double rooms (1 with en-suite and two sharing a "Jack & Jill" en-suite shower room), and 1 twin with en-suite in the annexe, this cottage can sleep twenty four people in comfort and style.
The main house kitchen boasts an AGA, a pantry and a dining area, whilst the rest of the main house accommodation is comprised of a dining room, a sun room and three sitting rooms, one of which has a woodburner.
Guests also have access to a games room with pool table, and an indoor heated swimming pool with sauna, Jacuzzi, gym & shower area.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for seven cars and private use of a large enclosed mature garden with a swing, all with garden furniture, plus a built-in BBQ with seating area and use of an orchard.
With so many fantastic facilities on site, you may never want to leave the grounds, however The Croft is also ideally placed to explore the glorious Herefordshire countryside as well as the towns of Hay on Wye and Hereford.
Eleven bedrooms: Main house: Seven bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin, WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x double, 1 x family room with king-size double, day bed for a child & en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 3 single beds. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Additional ground floor cloakroom with basin/WC. Kitchen with AGA, dining area & pantry. Utility. Dining room (seats 24). Sun room. Three sitting rooms (one with woodburner). Annexe: Four bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin, WC, 2 x ground floor doubles (one with French doors leading onto the garden), sharing Jack-and-Jill en-suite shower room, basin, WC.
- Oil central heating with woodburner & AGA (in use September - April) in main house
- Gas central heating in annexe
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x dishwashers, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD, iPod dock, books/games, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- 2 x cot & 2 x highchair
- Private use of large enclosed mature garden with swing
- Garden furniture with BBQs with seating area (refundable £30 deposit required for use of BBQs, payable direct to owner on arrival)
- Games room with pool table
- Private use of indoor heated swimming pool with sauna, Jacuzzi, gym & shower area with WC, HiFi with iPod dock
- Lockable bike storage
- Off road parking for 10 cars
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: Small unfenced pond in garden
- Note: Outside catering available by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: Annexe accommodation is accessed via its own, external front door, next door to the main house
- Note: No fireworks or drones
- Please note: There is a £200 refundable good house keeping bond on this property. Please note: Due to current guidelines the gym will not be available for use, all other facilities will be available.
The owner of The Croft also owns Bryngarth (Ref. 5951).
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the owner in advance.
Please note: There is a £200 refundable good house keeping bond on this property.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Hay-on-Wye 10 miles; Hereford 12 miles.
Herefordshire offers visitors the chance to journey through lush green countryside, enjoying splendid black-and-white timbered villages, a magnificent cathedral city, a fairytale Georgian castle at Eastnor or books galore in famous Hay-on-Wye.
The village of Peterchurch, with its handful of pubs and restaurants, is situated on the River Dore in the beautiful Golden Valley, flanked by the Black Mountains to the west and gentle hills to the east. Just 10 miles away is the market town of Hay-on-Wye, famous for its book shops, pubs, restaurants and antique shops, making it one of the most visited tourist attractions in Wales. Surrounded by pleasant orchards and cornfields, the village is also close to the Offa's Dyke and Wye Valley walks.