- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
5 Forge Cottages is a character semi-detached cottage situated in the small rural hamlet of Marshside, near Herne and Herne Bay in Kent.
With three bedrooms, including one double and one single on the first floor and one double on the second floor, this cottage can sleep up to five people.
The rest of the cottage includes a kitchen with dining area, a sitting room with woodburner and a snug.
Outside there is off road parking for two cars and a lawned garden with barbecue, furniture and a fenced stream at the bottom of the garden.
5 Forge Cottages offers wonderful, quirky accommodation and sits in a fantastic location for discovering Kent, with the coast just a few miles away.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with access to 1 x single and 1 x second floor double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Snug.
- Electric radiators with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, BBQ and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: The stairs are steep and winding
- Note: There is a fenced stream running at the bottom of the garden, dogs and children must be supervised
- Note: There is right of way across the rear pathway to the next property
- Note: Access to the second floor double bedroom and the first floor single bedroom is via the master bedroom.
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Reculver 3 miles; Herne Bay 5 miles; Whitstable 8 miles; Canterbury 8 miles.
Kent is affectionately known as the Garden of England. Its history and heritage provide the region with a rich array of sightseeing possibilities, while the stunning choice of Blue Flag beaches offer the chance to enjoy the beautiful coastline.
The small village of Herne in Kent is conveniently located within walking distance of the seaside resort of Herne Bay which has two miles of seafront with its colourful beach huts and has opportunities to row, yacht and jet ski ride. Herne Bay has many amenities including ice cream parlours, cafes, restaurants and pubs. There are also many wonderful events and festivals that take place in the town during the summer. Just six miles away is Whitstable which has a harbour, fish market, cafes, restaurants, shops and Oyster fishing boats. Twelve miles away is the popular seaside resort of Margate which offers donkey rides and a pretty harbour. Also nearby is the magnificent city of Canterbury. The city has a stunning cathedral which is the oldest in England. There is something for everyone within this delightful region of Kent.