- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Samphire is a terraced cottage spread over four floors and is located in Deal in Kent.
The cottage sleeps up to eight people and has two double bedrooms and a twin along with two single sofa beds.
There are also a family bathroom, a fitted kitchen, a conservatory with a dining area and a sitting room.
A further sitting room on the lower ground floor leads to a cellar with an old smuggler's tunnel!
Outside is a courtyard with garden furniture.
Just a couple of minutes' from the shops, bars, beach and castle, Samphire is a lovely family holiday cottage in historic Deal.
Over four floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x super-king size double, 1 x second floor double (access from one side only), 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 2 adults). Sitting room. Lower ground floor sitting room with two single sofa beds (this has a low ceiling). Conservatory with dining area (seats 5 adults).
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridges, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x Smart TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Free roadside parking 3 mins walk
- Enclosed courtyard garden with furniture and secure entrance gate
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and beach 2 mins walk
- Note: Due to age and period of cottage, ceilings can be low, floors uneven and both stairways are spiral and steep, not suitable for less mobile guests
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Dover 8.5 miles; Canterbury 24 miles.
Kent is affectionately known as the Garden of England. Its history and heritage provide the region with a rich array of sightseeing possibilities, while the stunning choice of Blue Flag beaches offer the chance to enjoy the beautiful coastline.
The Georgian coastal town of Deal offers two castles, two small museums and two weekly markets, as well as a shops, pubs and restaurants. There are two golf courses, the Royal Cinque Ports and Kingsdown within an easy distance, plus Dover and Canterbury are within driving distance.