- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Gill Head Farm is a superb detached farmhouse in stunning surroundings near the hamlet of Troutbeck, a few miles from Penrith, Keswick and Ullswater.
There are four en-suite bedrooms, two with king-size doubles, one which can be a super king-size double or a twin, and one twin.
There are a kitchen, two dining rooms, one with additional comfy seating and woodburner, along with a sitting room with woodburner.
Outside is an enclosed garden, a few yards from the front door, and the facilities of the owners' caravan and camping site are also at your disposal, including additional laundry facilities, a children's play area and small seasonal shop.
Gill Head Farm makes a wonderful year-round base for the northern Lakes.
Four bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double with additional single sofa bed and en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, bath, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with additional single sofa bed and en-suite bath, power shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin(zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with en-suite shower, bath, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Snug with woodburning stove. Sitting room (seats 8) with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stoves in sitting room and second dining room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, CDs, DVDs and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stoves inc. in rent
- Additional fuel available from local suppliers or the owner will refill for £5
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Garden 10 yards from front door with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Gill Farm is a working farm, which operates a caravan and camping site on the grounds
- The cottage is some 100 yards from the edge of the caravan and camping areas
- On site there is a small shop (open Apr - Oct) from which you can get milk, bread and farm fresh eggs etc, as well as a lovely children's play area
- On-site laundry facilities (coin-operated) available if required
- Bike storage on request
- Note: Max 8 adults
- Sofa beds suitable for children only
- Note: Check-in 4pm.
Note: Max 8 adults. Sofa beds suitable for children only.
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
TROUTBECK NEAR PENRITH
Keswick 9 miles; Penrith 9 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Troutbeck near Penrith is a small hamlet with a scattering of buildings and farms, and a local inn. The hamlet lies within easy reach of Penrith, Keswick and beautiful Ullswater. It is also well placed for Scafell Pike, Striding Edge, Rheged Visitor Centre and the rest of the lovely Lake District.