- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Woodpecker is a mid-terrace, ground floor cottage in the grounds of High Head Castle Farm, on the owner's dairy farm in the Ive Valley, just 13 miles from Penrith.
The cottage sleeps four people and has a double and a twin en-suite bedrooms and an open plan living area with a fitted kitchen, a dining area and a sitting room with a woodburner.
Outside the cottage is plenty of off road parking and a small garden with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
With its neighbouring cottage, Woodpecker can sleep a total of six people and makes a superb base for exploring this glorious part of the country.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin & WC. Cloakroom with basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & cosy sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil underfloor heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, library of books/DVDs
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Supply of fuel for woodburning stove provided on honesty box basis
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Front patio, small garden with furniture, BBQ & lovely views
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 5 miles, pub 2 miles.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
HIGH HEAD CASTLE FARM
Carlisle 10 miles; Penrith 10 miles; Ullswater 21 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
High Head Castle Farm is located on a dairy farm in rolling countryside overlooking High Head Castle. Within easy driving distance is the market town of Penrith, which offers a wide choice of excellent pubs, hotels, restaurants and entertainment. The historic city of Carlisle is within easy travelling distance, as is the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.