- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
West Winds is a stone built detached cottage on a sloping hillside close to the villages of Torthorwald and Collin just four miles from Dumfries in Southern Scotland.
Boasting one double bedroom and one twin as well as a family shower room, this cottage can sleep four people.
The rest of the accommodation is comprised of a fitted kitchen, a conservatory with a dining area and a sitting room with a gas fire.
To the outside of the cottage is off road parking for three cars and a large rear garden with outdoor furniture and a lawned area with a stream and a pond.
Set in a rural location, yet with plenty of local amenities close by, West Winds is a cottage that is sure to please everyone.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Conservatory dining area. Sitting room with living flame gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview,Wifi, DVD, stereo/CD, books/games/DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Large, enclosed rear lawned garden area with stream, pond and furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: Unfenced stream and pond - children to be supervised at all times.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Dumfries 4 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Torthorwald can be traced to the 13th century and the ruins of Torthorwald Castle date from the 15th century. Only 4 miles away is Dumfries whilst the surrounding area contains many castles, abbeys and even a Tibetan Buddhist Centre and is a good centre for touring the rest of the area - the spectacular triangular Caerlaverock Castle and its nature reserve; New Abbey and the Solway Coast - and a starting point for travelling west into the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright and the rest of Galloway.