- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Rothay Cottage is a terraced cottage in a quiet lane close to the centre of Ambleside in the Lake District National Park.
The cottage sleeps four people and has one double bedroom, one twin and a family bathroom.
There is also a fitted kitchen and a second floor sitting room with superb views.
Outside is a patio area with outdoor furniture.
Just a short stroll from the town centre, Rothay Cottage is a wonderful base for discovering the superb Lake District region.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower and basin. Separate WC. Kitchen with dining area. Second floor sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking in side street near cottage with local residents permit for 1 car
- Patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Lake Windermere 10 mins walk
- Note: Due to steep stairs, this cottage is not suitable for children under 4 and for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Access to the cottage is restricted to unloading only, with a local parking permit available for 1 car on Millans Park.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Windermere 4 miles; Grasmere 4 mile; Keswick 15 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Given its excellent position at the northern tip of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - Ambleside makes a superb base for touring the central Lakes. The town itself is famous for its annual rushbearing ceremony and the diminutive 17th Century 'Bridge House' - one of the most photographed buildings in the Lake District.