- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Woodbine Cottage is a lovely semi-detached cottage in Ambleside.
There is a king-size double with en-suite shower room, a double and a bunks room, along with a family bathroom and an additional ground floor cloakroom.
Outside is a terrace with views over the town, and a permit is provided for one car for a local car park.
With Lake Windermere on the doorstep, and the amenities of the town a moment away, Woodbine Cottage makes a welcoming and convenient base for a break, all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x 2' 6" adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking permit for 1 car in local car park (refundable deposit of £200 required for permit)
- Front terrace with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: Restricted narrow vehicular access
- Note: Property accessed via stone steps, may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility.
Please note: A Good Housekeeping Bond of £35 is applied to this property for the security of the parking permit.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £35.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Windermere 4 miles; Grasmere 4 mile; Keswick 15 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Given its excellent position at the northern tip of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - Ambleside makes a superb base for touring the central Lakes. The town itself is famous for its annual rushbearing ceremony and the diminutive 17th Century "Bridge House" - one of the most photographed buildings in the Lake District. Grasmere and the Langdale Valley are just a short drive away and there is plenty to do here. With cruises, boat trips and water-sports on Lake Windermere itself as well as numerous shops, restaurants and pubs in the village, visitors will be spoiled for choice. At Waterhead lakeside there is a short stretch of beach for sunbathing, or paddling, whilst in the opposite direction, along a short woodland walk, is the beautiful waterfall of Stock Ghyll Force.