- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lavender Cottage is a romantic terraced cottage in Askrigg in the Yorkshire Dales.
The cottage has a double bedroom, a bathroom and an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire.
Outside is roadside parking by the church gates, and a shared front garden.
Lavender Cottage is a stone's throw from the amenities of the village, and ideally placed for enjoying all the Dales has to offer.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. External utility.
- Heating from electric radiator, convector heater, electric fan heater and open fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Power and starter pack of fuel for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking by church gates
- Small front garden
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pubs/restaurant 2 mins walk
- Note: Chocolates, champagne and flowers can be arranged, please contact the owner for more details.
About the location
Hawes 4 miles; Bainbridge 2 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
The beautiful village of Askrigg is set in stunning Wensleydale. Askrigg is known to many as the home of Skeldale House where vet James Herriot lived in "All Creatures Great and Small." This breathtaking area is home to many beauty spots including Aysgarth Falls and nearby Semerwater, Yorkshire's only natural lake, which was formed (so legend says) after a weary traveller was refused hospitality from a raging storm by the villagers and so cursed the village to a watery end. There are castles at Bolton and Middleton, the spectacular Hardraw Force, England's highest single drop waterfall at a height of 99 feet and many other market towns and villages to discover. Askrigg is a wonderful village from which to discover this magnificent area and makes a great holiday base.