- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Friendly Room is a cosy studio property attached to the owners' home in the village of Austwick in the Yorkshire Dales.
The open plan living area has a king-size bed which can be offered as twins if required, along with a fitted kitchen area, a dining area and a sitting area.
There is a separate shower room.
Outside, there is a small patio area with furniture, and off road parking for two cars.
Explore the Dales from the doorstep of The Friendly Room or simply try the local ale at the village pub near this charming Yorkshire cottage.
All ground floor.
Open plan studio accommodation with king-size double bed (zip/link, can be 2'6" twins on request), kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Night storage heaters and one radiator (from owners' central heating system)
- Microwave oven, 2 ring halogen hob, fridge, use of washing machine and tumble dryer available via owners, TV with DVD and Freeview, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Secure storage and workshop area for bikes and outdoor equipment
- Small patio with garden furniture, small garden area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: Short breaks available all year round - 3 nights (Fri start only) or 4 nights (Mon start only) at 70% of weekly rate
- please contact Sykes Cottages to discuss
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent.
About the location
Settle 5 miles; Ingleton 5 miles; Skipton 20 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Arguably one of the finest areas for walking in the region, the village of Austwick provides an excellent base for ramblers looking to explore the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Full of limestone pavements and scars, caves and open moors, this diverse and varied scenery offers a wealth of wonderful cycle tracks and walks through areas full of natural interest. In addition to boasting an excellent local pub serveing home cooked meals as well as a country hotel for an extra special night out, Austwick also has a shop and post office to meet visitors daily needs. As one of the less well-known villages in the area, this wonderful little settlement offers a quiet location off the beaten track and away from the crowds. With the towns of Settle, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton and Kendal all close by, Austwick provides peace and quiet without leaving you feeling marooned.