- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This stone-built detached cottage is located by the side of a stream on a quiet lane in the heart of Buckden, one of the prettiest villages in Wharfedale Valley.
Just 12 miles from Hawes, this former saw mill has been lovingly renovated and now combines original character - such as old beams and exposed stonework - with contemporary comforts.
With a cosy sitting room with wood-burning stove and a bathroom with feature roll top bath, this property also features a patio overlooking the pretty stream.
With the attractions of the village just moments away and the town of Hawes within easy driving distance, this is a well-situated cottage to explore everything that the surrounding countryside has to offer.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with roll-top bath, basin and WC. Well-equipped kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and door to rear patio.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric induction hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV and DVD player with surround sound, radio/CD player, WiFi, selection of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and initial supply of logs for woodburning stove inc. in rent, additional logs can be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot available on request
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside parking nearby
- Small front garden and rear patio area with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 mins walk, pub 2 mins
- Note: There is a drop from the patio to the stream of some 4 feet, thus small children must be supervised
- Note: Due to remote location, WiFi is limited
- Note: This property accepts dogs only - no other pet allowed.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Kettlewell 5 miles; Hawes 12 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Set at the foot of Buckden Pike near the head of Upper Wharfedale, the idyllic village of Buckden is a wonderful holiday destination for any walking enthusiast. Much of Upper Wharfedale is owned by the National Trust and retains its traditional dry-stone walls and barns, important flower-rich hay meadows and valley-side woodland. The varied surrounding countryside offers a number of bridleways, cycling trails and paths whilst the village itself is composed of a cluster of stone built cottages and houses with a traditional green in the centre. The green is home to the famous 'Buck Inn' - a lovely Georgian construction retaining much of its old charm.