- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Swallow's Nest is situated in the lovely hamlet of Catterlen, five miles from Penrith and is a wonderful semi-detached, sandstone barn conversion, that offers quality accommodation.
This 'upside down' cottage features an open plan living area with sitting area, dining area and well-equipped fitted kitchen on the 1st floor and the bedrooms, bathrooms and underfloor heating are on the ground floor.
The living area has a cosy woodburner, exposed beams and French doors that open out onto a Juliet balcony.
This cottage sleeps four and has two bedrooms - one double with en-suite shower room and one twin.
The bustling town of Penrith is only five miles away, and offers a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
The breathtaking Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks are close by as are the lakes of Ullswater and Haweswater.
Low Dyke is a perfect base for exploring the area.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining and sitting area with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor, woodburner in sitting area and solar panelled hot water
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, surround sound cinema system, radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs for woodburner available to purchase from the owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: This property accepts a minimum of 3 night breaks.
Note: This property accepts a minimum of 3 night breaks.
About the location
Keswick 17 miles; Carlisle 20 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The popular town of Penrith lies in a central position between the Lake District and North Pennines and is famous for its many specialist shops, sandstone buildings, and lovely cottages. The town also offers many pubs, restaurants, and a museum, meaning there is something for everyone in the town. Nearby is Rheged, a visitor centre, which offers shops, restaurants, exhibitions and a cinema screen that shows educational and informative films. All within a short drive are Brougham Castle, Long Meg and her daughters (the 3rd largest stone circle in England) and the city of Carlisle. The stunning Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Park are also nearby and are essential to visit. Penrith is an ideal base, at any time of the year.