- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Orchard is a stone-built, 300-year old, semi-detached cottage, located in a quiet backwater of the Lakeland village of Levens, just five miles from Kendal.
The cottage sleeps four people in two bedrooms, a double and a twin, and also has a family bathroom.
Downstairs is a kitchen and a sitting room with open fire and dining area.
Outside is off road parking for two cars and a lovely, mature lawned garden.
The Orchard is a very welcoming holiday base for the Lakes, Dales and the Cumbrian coast.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Additional wood for woodburner available to purchase from the owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Spacious mature garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There are several steps up to the garden accessed from the rear of the parking space
- Visitors with young children should be aware that the garden is not completely enclosed
- Note: The garden of the owners' property next door is open by appointment through the National Garden Scheme
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Kendal 5 miles; Windermere 16 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Levens is a small village in Cumbria, home to Levens Hall with its famous topiary garden. Levens has amenities including a pub, post office, newsagents and general store. Perfectly placed for enjoying the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the Cumbrian coast.