- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Sandown is a spacious, pet-friendly upside down house on the outskirts of Bowness-on-Windermere, ten minutes' walk from shops, pubs, restaurants and the shores of Lake Windermere.
The property has four ground floor bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms; three doubles and a single.
Upstairs is a fitted kitchen and a dining room with an archway to an attractive sitting room.
Outside is off road parking for four cars and a patio.
Sandown makes a very convenient base for enjoying the amenities around this part of the Lake, or for exploring Ambleside or further afield to the lakes, waters and tarns of the beautiful National Park.
Property requires a good housekeeping bond of £150.
Four ground floor bedrooms with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC: 3 x double, 1 x single. First floor kitchen. First floor utility room with fridge freezer, washing machine, toilet and basin. First floor dining room with arch to sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Patio area with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 3 mins walk
- Note: Property is located on the main lake road just on the edge of the village
- Note: Check-in 5.00 pm, check out 9.30am
- Note: Holiday start dates must be a Friday or Monday
- However, on occasion the owner will accept a different start day depending on bookings so please contact us to discuss if you have an alternative day in mind
- Note: This property requires a good housekeeping bond of £150
Note: The property sleeps max. 7 plus 1 infant.
Note: Check-in is 5pm - Check out 9.30am.
Note: Holiday start dates must be either Friday or Monday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Windermere Train Station 1.5 miles: Ambleside 5 miles; Kendal 7 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The twin towns of Bowness and Windermere both provide a range of amenities, shops and restaurants, plus boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside, the Lakeside Aquarium and Beatrix Potter's ‘Hill Top House' at Sawrey. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is on the edge of the town, plus Grizedale Forest Park is nearby and there are many National Trust properties in the area.