- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Silverholme is a luxurious manor house next to Lake Windermere on the wonderful Graythwaite Estate, five miles from Hawkshead in the Lake District National Park.
This wonderful property sleeps eighteen people all with en-suites, hosting a ground-floor king-size and twin, a super-king-size and two twins on the first floor, and two king-sizes and a twin on the second floor, as well as a double in an external building, which also has an open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
The manor house has a kitchen with breakfast table, a dining room, a drawing room with woodburner, a library, a cinema room and two cloakrooms.
Outside there's ample off-road parking, a front lawned garden with patio, furniture and barbecue and access to Graythwaite estate 20 minutes' walk away with leisure facilities and a trout fishing lake.
A wonderful property for a family celebration.
Main house: Over two floors. Nine bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor king-size with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground-floor twin with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 3 x first floor super-king-size with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC,
2 x first floor twin with en-suite shower over bath, basin and WC,
1 x twin with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x second-floor double, in Coachman’s Cottage, with en-suite shower, basin and WC. 2 x Cloakrooms with basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Drawing room with woodburning stove. Library. Cinema room with 65” smart TV, sonos surround sound and Sky Movies. Coachman's Cottage: One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Main House: Eco-friendly biomass central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric quad oven with electric and gas hobs, microwave, 2 x fridge/freezer, additional fridge and freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x dishwasher, glass washer
- 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi throughout, Sonos surround sound in cinema room, kitchen, coach house and patio
- Coachman's Cottage: Eco-friendly biomass central heating
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher
- TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Ample off-road parking
- Front lawned garden with patio, furniture and barbecue
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 0.8 miles, pub 3.9 miles
- Note: There are sixteen steps between the first and second levels on the back staircase and twenty-two steps between the first and second steps on the main stair case
- Note: License required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
Note: There are five steps between the first and second levels.
Red Notes are;
Note: There is a Good Housekeeping Bond of £1000 for this property
Note: Minimum 3 night stay
Note: License required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £1000.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Ambleside 4 miles; Kendal 24 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Hawkshead is a fantastic villaged filled with plenty of amenities including a local shop, welcoming inns, tea shops, cafés and historic buildings, as well as attractions like the Beatrix Potter Gallery and William Wordsworth's Old Grammar School. Must-see attractions include the Aquarium of the Lakes and Windermere Lake Cruise at Newby Bridge, and watersports at Ambleside, Bowness and Lakeside.