- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hawkshead 4 miles. Located on a beautiful, 5000-acre private country estate of diverse lake, forest, woodland and meadow landscapes, this charming courtyard of Victorian farm buildings, dating from 1890, sits in a superb central setting for a Lake District getaway to remember. Each of these delightful Lake District cottages has been thoughtfully refurbished and retain much original character, well balanced with modern furnishings and set just one mile from the shores of Lake Windermere. Each has been finished to a high standard, with most offering cosy open fires or wood burners to snuggle beside after a busy day. The nearest Village is Hawkshead, situated 4 miles from the Estate. The nearest train station is Grange-over-sands and the nearest motorway is the M6 (J36).
There are some wonderful on-site facilities to take advantage of, which include a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room and children’s play area. This magical estate offers an escape to another world with a 2.5-acre lake, just a 10-minute walk from the courtyard, which is well stocked with rainbow trout and boasts a serene setting for hazy afternoons spent fly fishing.
The estate’s grounds provide a wonderland for all ages and offer plenty of places to stop for a picnic or enjoy a quiet stroll or a gentle cycle along the lakeshore. Make the most of the estate by booking activities with the on-site events team Graythwaite Adventure. The extensive list of premium activities and excursions, designed to keep you entertained regardless of the weather, includes but is not limited to; 4X4 Off-roading, Archery, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Paddle boarding, Canoeing, RIB tours, Sailing, Bubble Football, Guided Walks, Bush craft and more! All activities can be completely tailored to suit your needs and requirements to create the perfect activity schedule for you.
Moreover, if there is an activity that tickles your fancy however is not listed please do not hesitate to contact the team. No request is too big or small, and they will endeavour to do their best to deliver.
Graythwaite customers can also avail of a multitude of benefits for local services and attractions. Enjoy discounted rates for Go Ape, mountain bike hire and meals at the nearby Lakeside Hotel. The on-site shop offers everything from milk to luxury local spirits and delicious welcome packs with succulent, locally-sourced food. Get in touch with the Estate to organise your pre-arrival order today. This group of Lake District properties provides an unforgettable escape and is an excellent destination for a special holiday spent relaxing and enjoying the tranquil setting and fantastic on-site facilities. Booked together, the properties can accommodate 86 people.
Bull Pen is an impressive, stone-built detached cottage set amongst Graythwaite Estate's stunning grounds near Hawkshead.
The property has five bedrooms, including a ground-floor king-size double with en-suite, a second king-size double and three twins, this cottage can sleep up to ten people.
There is also a bathroom with shower over bath and an open-plan living room with kitchen, dining and seating area with woodburning stove.
Outside there is off-road parking for 2 cars and a patio with furniture, as well as shared use of a courtyard patio with furniture and barbecue and facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room, children's play area, fitness suite and 2.5-acre trout fishing lake.
Bull Pen is a fantastic adventure-filled getaway in the Lake District.
Over two floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x king-size double, 3 x twin. Bathroom with shower over bath, basin, heated towel rail and WC. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC. Open-plan living room with kitchen, dining and sitting room with woodburning stove
- Electric heating
- 2 x electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- TV and WiFi
- Shared use of estate facilities inc. indoor heated swimming pool and table tennis room (please bring your own racquets and balls)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for 10 cars
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture
- Two well behaved pets welcome
- Sorry no smoking
- Shop 5.8 miles, pub 3.5 miles
- Graythwaite fishery is free for all guests and equipment can be hired locally, a small fee is applicable to keep your catch, rod fishing license required
- Please Note: Minimum 3 night stay
- Please Note: This property has a £600 Good Housekeeping Bond
- Please Note: For your safety and in line with the Covid-19 guidelines, with effect from the 3rd September 2020 access to the swimming pool will be limited to hourly private sessions, advanced booking is recommended and can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please consider the following information when making your booking; the owner is doing everything possible to keep the facilities open, but there is a possibility that they may be restricted or closed at the time of your stay if the situation or guidance regarding Covid-19 changes.
Note: Minimum 3 night stay.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £600.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Ambleside 4 miles; Kendal 24 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The picturesque village of Hawkshead still retains the charm and character that so endeared it to its most famous residents - William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Cars are banned from the village, leaving visitors free to wander the wealth of tiny alleyways, thoroughfares, archways and courtyards between the whitewashed 17th Century houses. With stunning scenery and numerous attractions within easy touring distance, Hawkshead is in an ideal location at any time of the year.