- Off road parking
- Broadband / WiFi
Mitchell Wyke Bay
This lovely set of seven cottages rest in the village of Far Sawrey, close to Hawkshead and Bowness. Each wrapped in views of a beautiful lake; the scenery can be admired from the comfort of your holiday home, as you relax in style. Boasting open plan living areas, you can look forward to evening meals after the sun sets, or simply enjoy some quiet time with your loved ones. All cottages benefit from a well-equipped kitchen and a lovely seating arrangement, so you can socialise from morning through to evening, discussing your up and coming adventures. To be at one with the views, wander outside onto the balcony, perhaps with a refreshing drink to start the day off well. The beautiful bedrooms offer a peaceful sleeping environment, and a shower room completes the accommodation. If you are looking for extra space, or hoping to bring along additional guests, Lund Cottage has three bedrooms with en-suites, and a woodburner to enhance those cosy evenings. You are sure to be impressed wherever you choose to stay. There is something for everyone in this wonderful location with the village of Far Sawrey housing a pub/restaurant, and Bowness, with shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; just a short distance across the lake by ferry. Watersports are close at hand on Windermere, along with Lake Cruises and the majestic Wray Castle to admire. Of course plenty of walking opportunities are nearby, with an abundance of scenic attractions, for an all-round memorable getaway. An excellent group of cottages for a peaceful holiday experience.
Pennington is a terraced cottage located near the village of Ambleside in Cumbria.
Hosting one king-size bedroom and a shower room, this property can sleep up to two people.
Inside you will also find an open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with balcony.
To the outside is roadside parking for one car and a balcony.
Situated in a pleasant village location and close to scenic attractions, Pennington is a lovely cottage in a delightful part of England.
One king-size double bedroom. Shower room with basin and WC. Open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with balcony.
- Biomass central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair to be requested 14 days prior to arrival and are subject to availability
- Allocated roadside parking for 1 car
- Sorry, no smoking, no pets
- Shop 1.5 miles via ferry and Hawkshead – 4 miles , pub 1 mile
- Note: Children must be supervised at all times due to balcony
- 4pm check in
- Note: Pick-up and drop-off ferry point situated approx 100 yards away
- During seasonal peaks the ferry service may be in high demand due to its popularity
- Sykes are not responsible for the council ferry; changes to service, times, and closures
- The Windermere car ferry service can be affected by extreme weather conditions
- By booking this property, you are automatically enrolled as a member of the Freshwater Biological Association for the duration of your stay
Please note: 4pm check in
Please note: This property have a good house keeping bond of £75
Please note: There will be local road closures affecting access to property from 2nd December 2019 for up to 5 nights.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £75.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Hawkshead 3.9 miles; Bowness (via ferry) 1.5 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The village of Far Sawrey has a pub/restaurant, whilst Bowness, with all its shops, restaurants and leisure facilities, is just a short distance across the lake by ferry. Also close by is ‘Hill Top’, once the home of Beatrix Potter, and Hawkshead with its picturesque 17th century cottages. Footpaths lead from the grounds to the village and Claife Heights - a noted beauty spot of forests and tarns. Watersports are close at hand on Windermere, along with Lake Cruises and the majestic Wray Castle to admire. Fishing can be enjoyed on nearby Esthwaite Water and, of course, fell walking.