- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Three miles from the Dales town of Bentham, in a wonderful secluded location, is this stunning farmhouse - a traditional, stone-built detached dwelling.
With panoramic countryside views, this lovely cottage is full of character and boasts old beams, a fabulous stone floor and staircase and a lovely wood-burning stove in a magnificent feature fireplace.
Outdoors is a picturesque patio area which overlooks a charming wooded dale and babbling brook.
The local countryside provides wonderful walking routes across the moors, whilst village amenities in nearby Bentham offer everything a holidaymaker could need.
This is an excellent base for families, couples or friends looking to explore Lancashire and Yorkshire.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Farmhouse kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove & patio doors. Second sitting room with TV.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Large enclosed patio and garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and railway station 3.75 miles
- Note: Property accessed via 1.25 mile private, gravel farm track, shared with farm, may be unsuitable for low slung cars; take care and drive slowly
- Note: Water supply from treated borehole.
About the location
Settle 12 miles; Kirkby Lonsdale 12 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
High above the traditional Yorkshire market town of Bentham sits the small settlement of Fourstones. Situated by the so-called Great Stone - apparently a large boulder, deposited during the last Ice Age that has since become a distinctive feature of the landscape - this attractive village is on the boundary between Lancashire and Yorkshire. From this largerock visitors can see the spectacular views over the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland - all three of these areas offer fabulous walking and cycling opportunities for all levels of fitness. The town of Bentham has a range of pubs and restaurants serving fine beers and good food and is within easy driving distance. This charming little town also boasts a wide variety of shops and a post office.