- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated on the outskirts of the delightful village of Middleton-in-Teesdale and just 10 miles from Barnard Castle is this early 18th Century stone-built semi-detached cottage.
Full of charm and character, this property offers outstanding views of the surrounding fells and is able to sleep five people.
The cottage is well situated for all the local amenities of Barnard Castle and is a good base for those wishing to experience 'village life', as there are a number of shops, pubs and village walks very close by.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with twin beds and additional pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Enclosed garden with patio area, garden furniture and BBQ
- Private fishing on River Tees available free of charge by arrangement with owner
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs, cafes and restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: During the months of March and April, with prior arrangement with the owner, guests are able to bottle feed the lambs during the lambing season
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Barnard Castle 10 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Set in an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' in the heart of Teesdale, the pretty Pennine village of Middleton-In-Teesdale is perched on the riverbank of the beautiful Tees Valley. With a wide range of shops, pubs and places to eat, this lovely little settlement boasts a range of amenities. The surrounding countryside is a great place for walkers with pretty wooded valleys and high open moorland as well as the incredible waterfalls of High Force and Cauldron Snout, regarded as some of the most spectacular sights in the district. Barnard Castle, a lovely market town, is also close by and offers a huge range of facilities and activities.