- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
This stone-built semi detached cottage is located on a working livestock farm in the rural hamlet of Milton, two miles from Brampton.
Created from the careful conversion of an old dairy, this cottage has been tastefully decorated throughout with crooked beams, exposed stonework, a wood-burning stove and a fresh, modern kitchen.
With accommodation all on one level, the spacious main bedroom comes with exposed beams, whilst outside, visitors can enjoy a decked area with countryside views.
With so much to do in the surrounding area, this is an ideal property for a family trip or a vacation with friends.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs available (honesty box)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available
- Enclosed garden
- Shared use (with seven other cottages on site) of summerhouse & hot tub all year round at £40 per week or £20 per short break, payable direct to owner on arrival (use is by direct arrangement with owner)
- Decked balcony area with furniture & BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a railway line approx
- 250 metres from the cottage, some noise is audible when trains pass
- Note: The Byre is accessed via 2 flights of approx
- 9 steps.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Brampton 2 miles; Hadrian's Wall 7 miles; Carlisle 11 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, the hamlet of Milton is close to all of the region's most popular attractions including Hadrians Wall, the Solway Firth coast and the Lake District National Park. The nearby market town of Brampton dates back to the Roman occupation, and shows evidence of attacks from Scottish border raiders and Jacobite uprisings. Apparently, the Scottish Bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton, now a shop. Just a few miles away is Talkin Tarn Country Park, covering 180 acres - 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Slightly further south is Gelt Woods, an ancient forest along the banks of the River Gelt.