- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely stone-built mid terrace cottage is located on a working livestock farm in the rural hamlet of Milton.
Situated just two miles from Brampton, this cottage is a careful renovation of one of the old farm buildings.
Retaining original beams and exposed stonework, this welcoming property features a cosy lounge with adjacent summer room, a small modern kitchen, and a pretty main bedroom, making this an ideal romantic retreat.
Guests can also enjoy the decked balcony, with its fabulous countryside views.
All ground floor.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen. Small sitting area with woodburner, adjoining summer room with dining area & doors to decked area.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs available (honesty box)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available
- Shared use of gardens
- Shared use (with seven other cottages on site) of summerhouse & hot tub all year round at £40 per week or £20 per short break, payable direct to owner on arrival (use is by direct arrangement with owner)
- Decked balcony area with furniture & BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a railway line approx
- 250 metres from the cottage, some noise is audible when trains pass
- Note: The Stable is accessed via 2 flights of approx
- 7 steps.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Brampton 2 miles; Hadrian's Wall 7 miles; Carlisle 11 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, the little hamlet of Milton is set close to numerous attractions including Hadrians Wall, the Solway Firth and the Lake District National Park. With a rich and colourful history, the market town of Brampton dates back to the Roman occupation, and boasts evidence of Scottish border raids and the Jacobite uprising. Apparently, even Bonnie Prince Charlie was a fan of the town, establishing his headquarters in what is now a shop. Just a few miles away is the Talkin Tarn Country Park. Covering 180 acres, the Tarn - a 10,000 year old glacial lake - accounts for 65 acres and is fed by underwater springs. Slightly further south, visitors can take a trip to Gelt Woods - an ancient woodland set along the banks of the River Gelt.