- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Roa Island House is a wonderful large detached property set on Roa Island, eight miles from Ulverston in the Lake District.
This cottage sleeps up to sixteen people and has seven bedrooms consisting of one ground floor family room with super king-size double (can be made into a twin) and a single sofabed, one ground floor double, one king-size double with en-suite bath and small office, three doubles with en-suite showers and one twin (can be made into a super king-size double) with fold out bed, as well as a ground floor family shower room.
This cottage also has a kitchen with dining area (seats 8) and conservatory (seats 4), dining room (seats 16), sitting room with open fire (seats 14), second floor observation tower with telescope and a large conservatory (seats 22).
The hallway also has table football.
Outside, this cottage has off road parking for eight cars and lawned grounds with hot tub, furniture and BBQ.
Roa Island House is perfect for a special occasion with family and friends at any time of year.
Seven bedrooms (6 with TVs): 1 x ground floor family room with super king-size double bed(zip/link, can be twin on request), single sofa bed and woodburner, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin, WC and small office with feature window, 3 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double on request) with folding bed and en-suite bath with shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with walk-in shower (disabled friendly), basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen and spacious dining area (seats 8) with small conservatory area (seats 4), utility and store. Large dining room (seats 16). Large sitting room (seats 14) with open fire. Second floor observation tower (seats 5). Large, wrap-around conservatory with panoramic views (seats 22). Large entrance hall with table football.
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room and wood burner in bedroom
- Electric double oven, gas hob, additional electric oven, microwave, 2 x fridges, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 7 x TVs, 1 with Freeview/DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter packs for open fire and wood burner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchairs available
- Lawned grounds with roof covered hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Wood fired sauna that can sit 6 people
- Off road parking for 8 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Hot tub unavailable from 4pm on Thursdays for weekly cleaning/maintenance
- Note: No stag or hen parties at this property
- Note: Roa Island is reached via a tarmac causeway
- Please Note - Due to the new Government legislation the price of this property has been reduced until 29 January 2021 to accommodate smaller groups in line with the Rule of 6 regulations, as such, only the beds required will be available to guests
Note: Strictly no stag or hen parties
Note: £300 refundable Good Housekeeping Bond is payable prior to arrival.
Note: 4pm check in
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £300.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Ulverston 6 miles; Barrow-in-Furness 6 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Situated on the north west shore of Morecambe Bay is Roa Island, often known as the centre of sailing in Furness. With two yacht clubs and many pubs, this charming spot is a wonderful place for sailing and maritime enthusiasts. The historic market town of Ulverston is nearby and boasts a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants and as the birthplace of Stan Laurel, this lovely town is home to the only Laurel and Hardy museum in the world. The Furness coast offers many glorious sandy beaches and good birdwatching opportunities, whilst the Lake District National Park and its many attractions are also within easy reach. The Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, the South Lakes Wild Animal Park and Muncaster Castle also provide great days out, allowing for an activity to suit every taste and budget.