- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Smardale Hall is a delightful, semi-detached, Grade II listed cottage, attached to the owner's home and located on a working livestock farm near to Kirkby Stephen in Cumbria.
Dating back to the 14th century, it boasts historical character and charm with its unique turrets and towers.
The cottage can sleep eight people in four bedrooms, including one with an en-suite shower room, and one further family bathroom.
The rest of the cottage contains a kitchen with dining area, and a spacious living area with a woodburner.
Outside there is off road parking for four cars, a walled patio garden to the front, and shared access to the owner's lawned garden.
Smardale Hall is an enchanting cottage that the whole family will enjoy, and an ideal base for exploring the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x family room with 2 singles and 1 adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own hot tub towels
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Front patio garden with 8-seater hot tub and use of lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Property is on a working farm and children should be supervised at all times
- Note: Property is located near the Settle-Carlisle Railway and some noise may be heard
- There are no more than 6 trains a day, no later than 8pm and with little noise
- Note: WiFi is only available in specific areas of the cottage.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Sedbergh 13 miles; Penrith 22 miles; Reeth 22 miles; Kendal 23 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The old market town of Kirkby Stephen lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells in the upper Eden Valley, between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. The traditional market town hosts a variety of shops, cafes, restaurants and pub. A delightful rural town with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings, Kirkby Stephen boasts cobbled old yards, quaint corners and a pretty picnic area where "Frank's Bridge" crosses the River Eden, while just a mile from the town, the old railway station connects to the magnificent Settle to Carlisle Railway line, a must-do travel experience for everyone. Enjoy many excellent walks and cycle routes nearby, explore the magnificent Howgill Fells or visit the majestic Pendragon Castle. A superb location with the whole of the mystical Lake District National Park and the stunning Yorkshire Dales at your fingertips.