- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Gavel Cottage is a cosy and charming semi-detached cottage, superbly located, just one mile from Bowness-on-Windermere and can sleep four people.
The cottage has a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a bathroom and an open plan living area with an open fire.
Outside there is off road parking for one car and a front, lawned garden with summerhouse, furniture and a barbecue.
With use of nearby hotel and leisure club facilities (some at extra charge), Gavel Cottage is a wonderful holiday base.
Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. Reception hall/utility.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and coal for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Front lawned garden with summerhouse
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile
- Lake Windermere 8 mins walk
- Note: Open tread staircase
- Note: Guests have use of the Burnside Hotel and Parklands Country Club facilities which include a fully-equipped gym, swimming pool, childrens pool area, Jacuzzi, sauna and menthol steam room
- The club also offers a full range of facilities that will incur individual charges, including squash courts, solarium and beauticians, and the club lounge and bar with two full-size snooker tables overlooks the pool
- Please contact the hotel and country club for more information.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Windermere Train Station 1.5 miles: Ambleside 5 miles; Kendal 7 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
The twin towns of Bowness and Windermere both provide a range of amenities, shops and restaurants, plus boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside, the Lakeside Aquarium and Beatrix Potter's 'Hill Top House' at Sawrey. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is on the edge of the town, plus Grizedale Forest Park is nearby and there are many National Trust properties in the area.